Discovery Owners Club
Home Forum Joining Contact Links News Articles Members
It is currently Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:11 am

Discovery Owners Club

Have YOUR say on the DOC forum...

• Advertisement
Noel Dazely Insurance

LANDROVER discovery TDI 1996

If you're not a member of the club yet and you've got questions about membership before you join, please post them here.

Moderator: Committee

LANDROVER discovery TDI 1996

Post by Bill B » Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:56 pm

My dad at the age of 91 years young has finally decided to give up his well-loved Discovery. It is a wrench and we’d love him to get a decent price for it. Does anyone know the best place to get a value on a car with 117, 000 miles, 4 new tyres and perfect engine health ?
The bodywork is showing it’s age but it’s been well-loved. My son wants it in France but I don’t know the cost of having it transported over, it seems an extremely costly operation to me.
Thank you for any advice you can give us. Alison

Membership Number: 1449
Full name: Richard Knapp

Re: LANDROVER discovery TDI 1996

Post by Knappster » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:31 am

Hi and welcome!

What model of discovery is it? If it’s a 200Tdi disco 1, it would be worth quite a bit but they are also sought after for their engines and axles which transplant into older landies. If you sell it here, there is a good chance it will be bought for converting another Landy. You could try the project jay preservation group who preserve older discoveries to see if anyone would be interested.

In order to ensure its preservation, it would probably be worth letting your son have it in France. The roads aren’t salted as much as here which should help keep the rust at bay.

Let us know how you get on.
DREAM GREEN TEAM.004

Land Rover 90 with Disco 200Tdi

Return to Non-Members' Questions